Heat Pump Program
Air Source heat pumps can mean substantial savings for energy-wise consumers. If you’re considering replacing your existing fossil fuel system, replacing a non-air source heat pump or other resistant electric system or planning to build a new home, investigate this program.
Install an all electric air-to-air heat pump in a new home, replace your existing electric air-to-air heat pump or replace your fossil fuel heating system and receive:
• $750 for a dual/variable speed compressor • Must be 16 SEER or greater Units that do not qualify include: • Mini-split AC units or heat pumps • Window AC units or heat pumps • “Thru-the-wall” AC units or heat pumps Replace an existing electric resistance heat system (i.e. baseboard, ceiling cable or 100% electric furnace) with an air-to-air heat pump with electric or gas back-up and receive: • $800 for a single speed compressor • $1,500 for a dual/variable speed compressor • Must be 16 SEER or greater Mobile/manufactured homes will qualify with a 14 SEER due to space constraints. Home must be designed for transportation on own chassis to qualify at the 14 SEER level.
Requirements to qualify for this program:
- Must be installed in Bartholomew County REMC service area.
- Must show proof of sale, serial and model numbers, size of unit and kw backup. Compressor speed and SEER rating must be validated on the customer’s bill-of-sale.
- Rebates and incentives are available on Touchstone Energy Homes.
* REMC personnel retain the option to verify installation.