Large Power Service
Available in all territory served by the Corporation for consumers located on or near the Corporation’s three phase lines for all types of usage, subject to the established Service Rules and Regulations of the Corporation.
Applicable to all Large Power consumers served by a single transformer, who have required transformer capacity in excess of 100 kVa. (Demand needs to be over 100 kW to require at least 100 kVa)
The REMC, for engineering or other practical reasons, may at its option supply and measure service at the distribution voltage with one meter.
Type of Service
The type of service rendered under this schedule will be alternating current, 60 hertz, single phase, or three phase, secondary voltage of approximately either 120 volts, 208 volts, 240 volts, 277 volts, or 480 volts, as requested.
|Monthly Service Fee:||@ $75.00 per month|
|Summer (June, July, Aug.)||$24.96 per kW|
|Winter (Dec., Jan., Feb.)||$21.15 per kW|
|Shoulder (Sept., Oct., Nov., March, April, & May)||$11.71 per kW|
|All kWh||$0.04882 per kWh|
|Tracking clause applicable to all kWh||Appendix A|
Determination of Billing Demand
The billing demand shall be the maximum kilowatt demand established by the consumer for any period of fifteen consecutive minutes during the month for which the bill is rendered, as indicated or recorded by a demand meter installed by the Corporation and adjusted for power factor as provided below.
The consumer agrees to maintain unity power factor as nearly as practicable. The Corporation reserves the right to measure such power factor at any time. Should such measurements indicate that the average power factor for the billing period is less than ninety-five percent (95%), the demand for billing purposes shall be the demand as indicated or recorded by the demand meter multiplied by ninety-five percent (95%) and divided by the percent power factor.
The minimum charge shall be the greater of the following:
1. The Monthly Service Fee plus the demand charge; or
2. Minimum agreed to in the contract for electric service.
Terms and Conditions of Service
1. The applicant will be required to give satisfactory assurance by means of a written agreement as to the character, amount, and duration of the business offered.
2. In general, motors having a rated capacity of ten horsepower (10 h.p.) or more must be three-phase.
3. The consumer may connect lighting to a power circuit from the power meter. Any additional transformers or regulating equipment which may be required for such lighting shall be furnished by the consumer except that if the consumer requires a separate transformer for lighting service, it shall be considered a separate service and shall be billed under the applicable rate schedule.
<p “>4. The Corporation will furnish and maintain at its expense one transformation and service drop, unless otherwise provided for in the Rules and Regulations. All wiring, pole lines, wires and other electrical equipment beyond the point where the service wires of the consumer, which extend from the point of attachment of the service entrance installed by the consumer and the service wires of the Corporation, is considered the distribution system of the consumer and shall be furnished and maintained by the consumer except that the meter shall be furnished and maintained by the Corporation. Specific information is provided in the Corporation’s Service Rules and Regulations.
5. In those cases where the consumer is not located where three-phase service is available, and the Corporation elects to extend its facilities to make such service available, three-phase service will be rendered in accordance with the Terms and Conditions for extending such service as provided in this Tariff and/or as specified in the contract for service.
Late Payment Charge
The above rates are net. In the event the current monthly bill is not paid within seventeen (17) days from the date of the bill, a late payment charge of 5 percent of the net billing will be assessed. When the seventeenth (17th) day falls on Saturday, Sunday, or any other observed holiday, the first (1st) business day thereafter shall be deemed the seventeenth (17th) day.
Interpretation or Application of Schedule
The interpretation of, or the application by the Corporation, or by any consumer of all rates, rules and regulations included in this tariff shall be subject to review by the Corporation’s board of directors.
The above rates are subject to a Purchased Power Cost Adjustment Tracking Factor. The Purchased Power Cost Adjustment Tracking Factor stated in Appendix A, Sheet No.1 is applicable hereto and is issued and effective at the dates shown in Appendix A.
Fuel Cost Adjustment Clause
The above rates are subject to a fuel adjustment clause as defined in .
Approved March 1, 2018 by the board of directors for effective date April 1, 2018.